Thursday, November 21, 2013

Memories

I wrote this 2 years ago. It was my first year of college and it brought back so many memories. 

and this is college
when you get to college, you see people from high school you never talked to. you become friends.
first thing I learned at college. putting 8 girls together and having 8 guys across the hall…drama.
you best friend WILL leave you. you can’t relay on them anymore. your not cool enough…live with it, get new ones.you learn to become scarred of your best friend. you didn’t think it would hurt this much to watch her get new friends.
the distance will hurt, its life.
having a “sheldon” across the hall is greattttttttt. talking to him for 3 hours straight is even better. knowing that you have a friendship even as simple as that helps you hold it together.
learning to become open to new ideas.
wanting to go to any church you can…even the mormon ones.
loving that you have 2 people who ALWAYS invite you to things and you push you out of your zone
knowing that you have 2 roommates who always eat dinner around the same time.
having a room to yourself sucks AND is great. you love that you can have the time alone BUT you almost never want it.
missing your mom and dad more than you thought. to the point where you cry.
wanting to go back to high school because you know whats going to happen and more people having your back. 
having 2AM chats with your favorite roommates, makes life better

It made me so grateful for the friends I call friends today. I'm lucky that I got that best friend back. Dorms are drama. You make strong bonds that you aren't scared to leave because you know that this friend is true. I couldn't be more grateful for every ups and downs I've had and I wouldn't change a minute. (BTW, Maddie I wrote about you twice, I didn't know how important you were going to become but I'm so happy we are best friends.)



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

1 comment:

  1. Dianne!!! I loved this post! But it made me a little sad. I am sad you missed your parents a lot. But I am so happy we had 2 am chats all the time, invited you to all the activities and ate din din together lots! It was the best of times and the worst of times. HA!

    ReplyDelete

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML