Monday, July 16, 2012

Homesick

Although moving to Utah has been a great part of my life, I miss my old life.
I miss living with my brother and sister.
I miss walking home from school on a super hot day and running through sprinklers with my friends.
I miss living next door to my best friend of 14 years.
I miss that feeling knowing where I belong.
I miss having to walk up two staircases to get to my room.
I miss my house and my backyard with the pound where I would put my feet in.
I miss the street I lived on and all the games I played there.
I miss that I don't live right next to my favorite kids.
I miss all the space that I got in the huge house.
I miss not being an only child.
I miss the smell of grass and the sound of the front door closing.
I miss Trouble, my cat that likes to talk to herself and drink water from the tub.
I miss all the family get togethers that my parents would put on.
I miss having to hide all my stuff under my bed for the cleaners.
and most importantly I miss my childhood.

Moving away when I was 15 was hard for me, at the time it felt like the end of the world. It felt like my childhood ended. In a way it did.






Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, i did offer to sing the Canadian song with you the other day in class.... Sorry my tune was way off, but i think most of the words were right.
    So OH Canada!! See ya in class.

    ReplyDelete

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML