Thursday, February 28, 2013

Why the rush?

Everything in my life lately has been rushed lately.
Rushing to be on time.
Rushing to get your projects done.
Rushing to finish cleaning your room.
Rushing to get that first kiss
Rushing to get married.
Rushing to grow up.
I don't want to grow up.
I'm 19 going on 20.
That doesn't mean I have to know what I want to do in life.
It also means that I can make dumb mistakes and learn from them.
Why can't the world just slow down a little longer?
Why didn't I listen to those older kids when I was younger?
Oh, thats right! Because I wanted to rush.
My goal for the next couple of months is to stop.
Stop and think for a minute.
Stop and take a freaking picture.
Stop and take the time to say thank you.
And most importantly say I love you.

I'm in love with the song

 

Moving Too Fast by Charity Vance


Sometimes you have to grow up, even if it's just for a day at a time
Or a Saturday rhyme
Sometimes trees get taller,we watch and admire 
As little boys turn into men
Behind our backs, moving too fast, 
The world spins



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML